Shingles are a viral infection that causes a painful rash. It is caused by a virus known as herpes zoster, and can affect any part of the body. It is most commonly present as a band of blisters that affects one side of the body, torso, neck, or face and causes a feeling of pain, burning, numbness, or tingling which occurs before the rash is apparent. To relieve pain and discomfort caused by shingles, many people resort to natural cures and use essential oils for shingles pain.
It is important to contact your health care provider to explore possible treatments for Shingles. Although organic essential oils cannot be claimed to cure shingles, they can offer support by enhancing comfort, calmness and therefore are an important part of the wellness routine.
Benefits of Essential Oils for Shingles
Essential oils are pure and volatile extracts of plants. It has incredible properties to heal skin conditions like acne, eczema, and shingles pain. They can help reduce the duration and severity of shingles. Essential oils help soothe nerve pain, calm redness, reduce itching and expedite healing of the skin. So let's check out how essential oils for shingles pain are helpful.
- Soothing: Antiviral Essential oils for shingles are soothing on the skin. When mixed with a carrier oil they release soothing properties that help the skin to heal. We know you never thought of treating shingles with essential oils. But, the deal is that they work really well.
- Antiseptic: Many essential oils for shingles are packed with antiseptic properties. Yes, you heard it right. Best essential oils for shingles have properties to heal the skin and protect it from further damage. It also relieves shingles and cleans the skin from bacteria.
- Eliminates Pain: Shingles are really painful and can cause itchiness and irritation. However, with the best essential oils for shingles, you will see a reduction in pain. Essential oils have calming and pain-relieving properties that reduce pain and promote healing.
10 Best Essential Oils for Shingles Pain
Now you know that essential oils shingles treatment is possible and is very easy. But, do you actually know which essential oils are good for shingles? We are presenting you with the best essential oils for shingles that are truly worth the price. These essential oils are great to reduce shingles and nerve pain. So, let's check out the best ones.
- Peppermint Essential Oil for Shingles: Loaded with cooling properties, peppermint essential oil is a must-have for shingles. Peppermint has menthol which has incredible cooling properties. It reduces skin inflammation, irritation, and pain. The cooling effect of peppermint essential oil helps to relieve shingles nerve pain and PHN symptoms. You can use it with an organic carrier oil to address shingles' pain.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil for Shingles: Packed with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, eucalyptus oil aims to reduce shingles' pain effectively. Treating shingles with essential oils is the best thing you can do for the treatment. Eucalyptus oil has antiviral properties that eradicate viruses and bacteria from the surface and heals them. It also reduces inflammation and nerve pain.
- Lavender Essential Oil for Shingles: Popular due to its calming and soothing properties, lavender essential oil works the best for shingles treatment. It is used to treat several skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, shingles, and acne. The soothing properties of lavender essential oil for shingles reduce inflammation and soothe the area. It also relaxes your nerves and reduces pain.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil for Shingles: One of the best essential oils for shingles and probably the most famous one is tea tree oil. This beauty works like a charm on your itchy skin. Packed with powerful antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties tea tree oil reduces shingles pain in no time. It reduces and eliminates the infection and tackles the redness on the surface. You should not miss out on these essential oils for shingles itch and pain.
- Geranium Essential Oil for Shingles: Looking for an all-rounder essential oils for shingles pain? This essential oil is very effective for nerve pain It reduces shingles pain and is considered one of the quickest remedies to treat skin conditions. It contains citronellal, a chemical that helps with allergies and skin irritation. The anti-inflammatory property of this oil makes it ideal for reducing itching and allergy. The presence of anti-bacterial characteristics makes it an excellent oil for healing wounds.
- Oregano Essential Oil for Shingles: Have you ever heard of oregano oil treating skin conditions? Well, we know this might seem ruthless to you but, oregano essential oil is one of the top essential oils for shingles. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that reduce nerve pain and soothes itchy skin. This oil is very potent and concentrated. So, it is suggested to dilute it properly before use.
- Melissa Essential Oil for Shingles: The itchiness, pain, and irritation because of shingles are very painful. But, thanks to a lemon balm or Melissa essential oil. Now, you don't have to suffer from all this. The essential oil has antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties that soothe shingles and itchiness. It also relieves pain and reduces rashes over time. Melissa essential oil speeds up the healing process and reduces the duration of the infection as well.
- Bergamot Essential Oil for Shingles: One of the well-known and very popular bergamot essential oil is known to treat several skin conditions. It is extracted from the peel of bergamot oranges which are very beneficial for your skin and health. This is one of the best and most effective essential oils for shingles as it has anti-bacterial properties. The anti-viral property of this oil helps to heal blisters quickly. It also acts as an analgesic, which helps relieve pain associated with shingles.
Chamomile Essential Oil for Shingles: Known for its soothing and calming properties, chamomile essential oil works magically for shingles pain and itchiness. It has major anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing properties that tackles itchy and red skin. It also relaxes you from intense shingles pain.
- Manuka Essential Oil for Shingles: Manuka essential oil is considered one of the top essential oils for shingles pain. It has high anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that fight the injurious bacteria called varicella-zoster. It also helps in reducing pain and discomfort caused due to shingles. It also inhibits the growth of this virus and may help shorten the duration of shingles.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots
- Top 7 Essential Oils to Heal Broken and Fractured Bones.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Abundance, Wealth, and Prosperity.
DIY Essential Oil Recipes for Shingles Nerve Pain
Recipe 1 - Cooling Bath
This recipe for shingles nerve pain is very effective and true to its points. The blend of essential oil in cold water gives you a relaxing feel and soothes your nerve pain.
- 4-5 drops of Lavender Oil
- 3-4 drops of Peppermint Oil
- In a bathtub, add the best essential oils for shingles.
- Make sure the water is cool.
- Now enjoy a relaxing bath and you will instantly feel the pain going away.
Recipe 2 - Cooling Mist
This cooling mist spray will instantly cool down your shingles and the inflammation. It will also reduce nerve pain and will fight the virus.
- In a spray bottle, fill the rose water.
- Now pour the drops of essential oils for shingles nerve pain.
- Shake the bottle so that everything is mixed well.
- Now keep this bottle in the fridge so that it cools when you are applying.
- Spritz it on your shingles' pain and you will instantly feel relief.
Recipe 3 - Calming Gel
This calming and soothing gel will provide a cooling sensation to your skin. The calming gel works like magic to reduce shingles nerve pain.
- 3 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Gel
- 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- In a bowl add Aloe Vera Gel.
- Now add 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix to form a gel-like consistency.
- Apply it to the affected area twice a day.
Are Essential Oils for Shingles Safe to Use?
While they are safe to be used, one should consult their doctor. Many people are allergic to certain essential oils and this may further damage your skin. So, it is better to consult your doctor first. Essential oils are safe to be used as they do not cause any side effects easily. However, you must dilute the best essential oils for shingles treatment with a carrier oil, to avoid any reactions.
Few Things to Consider Before Using Essential Oils for Shingles Pain
- Essential oils for Shingles are only for external use and should never be ingested.
- Store essential oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some essential oils can be fatal to pets and therefore always research before using them.
- Essential oils must ALWAYS be diluted before applying to the skin as they are highly concentrated as can cause irritation. You can dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice and, the max concentration of essential oils should be 3-4%.
- Always do a patch test before applying to larger areas of skin.
- It is unclear what effects essential oils have on pregnant and breastfeeding women. While some consider them safe, many doctors advise pregnant women to avoid the use of essential oils.
- Always buy pure essential oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
- Aromatherapy History, Origin, and its Significance in 2022
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing
- 8 Best Essential Oils for Protection from Negative Emotions
If you are still thinking about using the best essential oils for shingles then we will suggest you not think even twice. The antiviral essential oils for shingles have calming and soothing properties to tackle your skin concerns. From nerve pain to serious skin conditions like itchiness, dryness, and eczema, the best essential oils for shingles solve everything in a short span of time.
Q1. How do You Use Essential Oils for Shingles Pain?
Well, it all depends on which DIY method you like. But, the best way to use it is by mixing it with a carrier oil. You can mix essential oils for shingles in a base oil like coconut carrier oil or almond carrier oil to reduce pain.
Q2. Can I Use Tea Tree Oil for Shingles Pain?
Yes. Definitely. You can use tea tree oil to cure shingles' pain. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial which makes it one of the best essential oils for shingles nerve pain.
Q3. Where to Buy Essential Oils for Shingles?
You must always buy pure and therapeutic-grade essential oils from a trusted source. If you are looking for essential oils for shingles near me, you have come to the right place. Moksha’s oils are 100% pure and natural and are backed by certifications. Their essential oils for shingles are safe and effective and will help reduce symptoms associated with shingles.