Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing
In recent years, essential oils have taken on a new role in improving overall health. From using essential oils as aromatherapy to treat different ailments and issues like eczema and acne, these special essences of natural plants have taken holistic medicine to the next level. The medicinal properties of natural essential oils help heal the body and the mind. They are now being used as a natural remedy for fatty liver. In this article, we will talk about the importance of essential oils for fatty liver as well as discuss in detail which are the Top essential oils for liver health. Making sure your liver stays healthy and removing fats can dramatically be a large aid to one's overall health and wellness. We'll lay out some amazing DIY recipes which you can try at home to nourish your liver naturally through essential oils.
Table of Content:-
- What is Fatty Liver Disease?
- How do Essential Oils Act as a Natural Treatment for Fatty Liver?
- Top Essential Oils for Liver Health
- D.I.Y Recipes Using Essential Oils for Liver Cleansing and Detox
What is Fatty Liver Disease?
Having too much fat stored in the liver is referred to as fatty liver and is a condition known as steatosis. This can occur with an increase in the excess production of fat or if the existing fat is not processed properly by the body. Fatty liver, if severe, can lead to inflammation or interrupt the normal functioning of the liver which is responsible for detoxifying other organs, or can lead to liver failure.
Fatty liver problems can occur if a person takes a poor diet, drinks excessive alcohol, has been sedentary for a while, or suffers from complications such as viral infections or there is the presence of harmful chemicals in the body. Research has also shown that genetics can also lead to fatty liver disease.
How do Essential Oils Act as a Natural Treatment for Fatty Liver?
Essential oils are concentrated extracts derived from plant leaves and stems, roots, and other parts. These liquids are steam distilled or cold-pressed to obtain the finest plant extract, which is used to treat various ailments. Essential oils have strong hepatoprotective effects for healthy liver function. Because of their chemical composition, these oils act as a natural remedy for fatty liver treatment. These beneficial oils aid in the replication of normal and healthy liver function as well as strengthen the liver's activities. Using Essential oils for liver health can enhance lymphatic circulation and promote bile production, all of which contribute to a healthy liver.
Top Essential Oils for Liver Health
Using essential oils as a natural treatment for fatty liver is a great way to improve liver health. Essential oils contain a blend of vitamins and minerals that help your body fight specific ailments like fatty liver. We have compiled some of the best essential oils for fatty liver, that can be an easy solution for treating such conditions. By learning about the therapeutic properties of essential oils which can help kill harmful bacteria in the body resulting in a healthy liver. Adequate blends of these pure essential oils for liver detox may protect your liver health from the inside out.
- Peppermint Essential Oils: Peppermint oil is widely recognized for its antioxidant characteristics, which help improve the condition of the liver. It has been used to cure liver diseases and even protect the organ from damage caused by toxic substances or a bad diet. It also works wonders for irritable bowel syndrome, removing abdominal pains, improving digestion, and eventually, preventing the progression of liver cirrhosis and fatty liver disease. Making it one of the top essential oils for liver cirrhosis. In addition, peppermint oil can also be used to enhance your mood and even slow down cell aging.
- Ginger Essential Oils: Ginger oil is considered one of the best essential oils for liver health since it can aid with an alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. It is a powerful antioxidant with outstanding hepatoprotective qualities that are particularly effective in lowering fat storage. It also aids in the reduction of metabolites and fat buildup, which aids in the promotion of optimal liver health. Its anti-inflammatory characteristics aid in the treatment of a variety of ailments, including nausea, painful muscles, and more.
- Fennel Essential Oils: Fennel oil can help to promote liver function and long-term fitness. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatories are abundant in fennel oil. It's a wonderful way to pamper your liver while also lowering the enzyme levels linked to liver disease. In general, fennel oil boosts metabolism, fights illness, and relaxes the mind. It is one of the best therapeutic essential oils for cirrhosis of the liver. Some of its effects can also be used to manage hypertension, improve vision, and stimulate metabolism.
- Lemon Essential Oils: Lemon oil, also known as Liquid sunshine, is enriched with phytonutrients. These phytonutrients along with richness in Vitamin C and limonene make lemon oil, fall under the category of finest essential oils for liver cleansing. It is high in antioxidants and antibacterial qualities, which aid in the treatment of alcohol-induced liver damage and offer your liver a pleasant cleaning feel.
- Geranium Essential Oils: Geranium oil is one of the most prominent essential oils for liver detox. Its rich antioxidant property helps in stimulating the bile ducts, which in turn promotes good cell regeneration and even reverses skin damage. The bile ducts are stimulated in an almost instant manner with their scent. Furthermore, it's very beneficial for lowering blood-sugar levels while also reducing cholesterol levels by almost an astounding 15% as per some studies. It's among the top essential oils for liver health when it comes to promoting a healthy liver and lowering the diabetic rate.
- Rosemary Essential Oils: Rosemary oil is one of the good-smelling oils and can keep your liver happy. Rosemary contains a compound called 1,8 Cineole, which acts directly on the central nervous system. It stimulates nerve endings and improves the cleanliness of your blood by flushing out toxins. Treat your mind with rosemary’s pleasant aroma and cleanse your liver by using this excellent natural remedy for fatty liver. All this results in better circulation and healthier tissues and cells.
- Lavender Essential Oils: Lavender oil is a natural remedy that is loaded with antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. It is known to be effective in reducing stress, anxiety, and nervous tension. When it comes down to using lavender to fight Hepatitis, one of its most important healing ingredients is linalool which helps reduce levels of aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST), markers for liver damage by preventing fibrosis. Thus, making it among the best essential oils for fatty liver. It's no wonder why it's called nature’s miracle.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots
- Top 7 Essential Oils to Heal Broken and Fractured Bones.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Abundance, Wealth, and Prosperity.
Along with these, there are some additional oils that serve as a natural treatment for fatty liver. Turmeric Essential Oils, Chamomile Essential Oils, and Helichrysum Essential Oils are among the top essential oils for fatty liver disease and healthy wellbeing.
D.I.Y Recipes Using Essential Oils for Liver Cleansing and Detox
Here are some interesting recipes using top essential oils for liver health, along with other oils like juniper berry oil, coriander oil, etc. which help promote healthy living and help cleanse the liver.
Recipe 1: Essential Oil Blend for Liver Detox
The essential oil of juniper berries aids in blood purification and relieves liver stress. It's an excellent stimulant that also aids blood circulation. It also promotes urine and sweating, which removes excess salt and toxins from the body. When these essential oils for fatty liver are combined with Sunflower oil, they aid in internal liver repair and detoxification, as well as the removal of superfluous lipids.
- 4-5 drops of Fennel Essential Oil.
- 4-5 drops of Juniper Berry Essential Oil.
- 4-5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil.
- 10ml of Sunflower Oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bottle.
- Cap the bottle and shake well to combine all oils.
- Massage slowly on the feet and slowly move upwards towards the chest.
Recipe 2: Liver Rollerball Blend
This is one of the most soothing recipes prepared by using essential oils for cirrhosis of the liver. This rollerball blend consists of essential oils which have their unique properties promoting a healthy liver. Turmeric essential oil is rich in hepatoprotective properties which protect the liver from MTX toxicity, helping in removing toxins. Whereas, Helichrysum essential oil promotes blood cleaning and energetically aids in the release of inner turmoil. These oils along with Rosemary and Geranium, are amongst the top essential oils for liver health. When mixed with coconut oil, it helps in providing wholesome support to the liver by deeply cleaning toxins, regenerating new cells, and boosting immunity.
- 5 drops of Helichrysum Essential Oil.
- 3 drops of Geranium Essential Oil.
- 3 drops of Turmeric Essential Oil.
- 2 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil.
- 10 ml of Coconut Oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a rollerball bottle.
- Cap the bottle and shake to mix.
- Apply the rollerball to the abdomen every night for support.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Using Essential Oils for Liver Detox
- Before using essential oils for fatty liver, dilute them with other organic carrier oils such as coconut, Almond, or Sunflower. Because of their heavy concentration, their direct use may induce allergic responses.
- When using essential oils for liver cleansing, always perform a patch test before directly using them on your skin. Their complex composition might trigger allergic responses in certain people. You can try them on the back of your elbow for 24 hours to see whether they have any impact.
- Essential oils should never be ingested, they are meant for external use only.
- It is advisable to keep them away from the reach of kids and pets as they can be fatal to them.
- Essential oils should not be used by pregnant or lactating women since their effects are still unclear.
- Always purchase USDA-certified essential oils, since these are the highest quality oils available. You should always buy pure essential oils from trusted and authentic sources which can provide necessary documents and certificates.
- Aromatherapy History, Origin, and its Significance in 2022
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing
- 10 Best Essential Oils for Shingles Nerve Pain Relief
Essential oils are a great way to experience the healing and curing of ailments without any harsh chemicals that may contain potentially harmful side effects. Whether it is using essential oils for fatty liver or other ailments, they can be an excellent source to cure and relieve individual health naturally. Essential oils work by simply healing your body and helping it function properly. They can help strengthen, stimulate and help the liver increase the flow of bile. While using essential oils, always ensure that they are diluted with other carrier oils like almond, argan, or any other. You can choose the top essential oils for liver health from the above list mentioned and reverse your health conditions.
Q1. Is it Safe to Use Essential Oils for Cirrhosis of the Liver?
Yes, It is perfectly safe to use essential oils for fatty liver or cirrhosis as they are a natural way to treat liver health. However, not every essential oil is suitable for everyone, which is why a patch test is suggested before using them directly to avoid allergies.
Q2. From where can I get Pure and 100% Natural Essential Oils for Liver Health?
We can choose organic essential oils from Moksha Lifestyle. They are one of the few suppliers and manufacturers in the industry, selling high-quality pure essential oils. From ginger oil to Lavender essential oil, they have a wide range of 100% natural therapeutic oils specifically designed to help us improve our overall health and wellbeing. If you are looking for top essential oils for liver health near me, all these oils are available at affordable prices. Choose the oil which suits you the best.
Leave a comment