Bones are essential for our body to function properly, these include safeguarding body organs, storing minerals and they provide structure and support to the body. If your bone gets fractured, there are several treatments available such as surgery with rods, plates, plaster cast, traction, braces, and splints. However, if you are looking for an alternative and natural approach, essential oils for broken bones have their own importance and can help heal them faster. There are some promising essential oils for fractured bones that work like charm to eliminate the damage done by fractures.
How do Essential Oils for Bone Healing Work Faster?
The healing and recovery process of bones can take anywhere from 1 month to several months. Fractures directly affect bones which makes them weak and ultimately results in a longer recovery. But, with the best bone fracture healing oils, you can speed up the process. Essential oils for bruised bones are definitely a great addition to your routine to hasten the healing process. But, natural essential oils alone will not heal your broken bones. You should consult your doctor for bone fractures.
Essential oils for broken bones are very effective to bring back the lost mass in the bones. Some essential oils for fractured bones are packed with healing and therapeutic properties that relieve pain and help tackle the issue. Essential oils speed up the healing process by boosting blood circulation around the bones. Did you know that the best essential oils for healing broken bones can help restore the busted tissue around the bone? Mother nature's exclusive gift for everyone is also a boon for people who suffer from osteoporosis. The essential oils for osteoporosis promote relaxation in bones while restricting the loss of calcium.
Best Essential Oils for Fractured Bones
In this article, our primary aim is to guide you with top-quality essential oils for healing broken bones. Further, we will also learn some DIY recipes using essential oil for fractures which can be easily followed at home.
The journey with essential oils is a long but interesting one. Essential oils for bone regeneration are undeniably a great addition to your post-medical fracture deeds. They not only promote bone healing but relax the muscles around the bone which eases muscle ache and promotes blood circulation. These essential oils serve to regenerate the skin by promoting blood circulation. So, let's have a look at the top 7 essential oils for broken bones.
- Peppermint Essential Oils: A good option to treat and heal fractured bones is using peppermint essential oil. This essential oil for bone health is packed with anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and analgesic properties that promote faster healing. It tackles inflammation, pain, and joint ache and heals bone fractures. Peppermint essential oil for fractures tops the list as it calms muscle cramps and promotes instant healing. Do you know peppermint essential oil contains menthol that has warming properties? The heating properties of this oil boost blood circulation around the bones.
- Ginger Essential Oils: A common spice in your kitchen is all set to spice up and heal your fractured bones. Ginger oil is one of the best bone fracture healing oils as it has high pain-relieving properties. Researchers have found that ginger oil is loaded with analgesic effects that are known to heal bones and fractures and relieve pain. Because ginger contains antioxidants, it can serve to stimulate your digestive process and minimize discomfort. That's not the only benefit of ginger oil; it can also aid arthritis, migraines, colds, and digestive issues. This is now the simplest way to bolster the lymph flow pattern, which is beneficial for accelerating the recovery process at the site of the wound.
- Lavender Essential Oils: Lavender essential oil has a lot of functions, including rejuvenating the brain, strengthening mental skills, and lowering inflammation. This pure essential oil is great for lifting an individual's spirits and easing discomfort. Lavender oil's pain-relieving properties make it ideal for treating shattered bones and osteoporosis patients. It is packed with analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antinociceptive properties that work like a charm for healing bones. Lavender essential oil for fractured bones is beneficial for bone regeneration and bone recovery. It has the ability to enhance the tissue regeneration process while also reducing congestion.
- Clove Essential Oils: Clove essential oil is one of its kind and is definitely a must-have if you are dealing with fractures. Though clove essential oil is widely used to fix the upset stomach and digestive system, it also works well for bone healing. This essential oil for broken bones is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that relieve pain. It also has several medicinal properties that treat fractured bones.
- Cypress Essential Oils: Looking for an ideal essential oil to heal broken bones? Cypress essential oil is the one you need. A perfect addition to your routine to promote blood flow around the fractured area. Cypress essential oil has anti-spasmodic properties that are outstanding for the circulatory system. An instant pump of blood flow to the affected area heals the broken bones faster than ever.
- Basil Essential Oils: If you are unaware of the top essential oil used for bone fracture healing oils then check out basil essential oil. Basil or tulsi has been used for ages to treat several health issues. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of basil oil rule out bruised bones and severe aches in fractures. This essential oil for stress fractures is typically used to reduce extreme pain and enhances blood circulation in the body.
- Chamomile Essential Oils: Many people suffer from osteoporosis and do not know what to do post medications. The most trustworthy essential oil for osteoporosis is Chamomile essential oil which is known to promote healing and reduce inflammation. Chamomile essential oil has phenomenal antiseptic, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that work best to fix fractured bones and stress fractures. Needless to say that chamomile oil is one of the most suitable essential oil for bone health. Just mix it with a carrier oil of your choice and use it for massaging.
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots.
- Top 7 Essential Oils for Abundance, Wealth, and Prosperity.
DIY Recipes for Essential Oils to Heal Broken Bones
Essential oils help improve blood flow and lymph flow where the fracture has occurred. Improved blood circulation helps carry nutrients and minerals which are required to heal fractured bones. Let's check out some easy DIY recipes of essential oils for broken bones which can speed up the healing process and help relieve pain.
Recipe 1 – Eucalyptus and Peppermint Cooling Blend
Eucalyptus and peppermint essential oil for fractured bones is super effective to reduce pain and inflammation. It is necessary to add a carrier oil to lessen the potency of potent essential oils.
- 10-12 drops of Peppermint Essential Oils.
- 5-6 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oils
- 3 tbsp. of Sweet Almond Carrier Oils
- In a container, take almond oil.
- Now add 10-12 drops of peppermint essential oil along with 5-6 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mix the blend well and apply it to the sore area to relieve pain.
Recipe 2 – Rose and Chamomile Bath Blend
This recipe will help relax your muscles and increase blood flow to the bruised areas. These essential oils for bruised bones are very effective and have relaxing and calming properties that help soothe your pain and provide you with a relaxing bath experience that lasts for a good time.
- Few drops of Chamomile Essential Oils.
- Few drops of Rose Essential Oils.
- Add a few drops of both the essential oils to your bathwater.
- Give it a nice swirl with your hand and enjoy your relaxing bath session.
Recipe 3 – Peppermint and Lavender Massage Oils
Lavender essential oil is great as it reduces inflammation and soothes pain. Peppermint essential oil features suitable pain-relieving properties that ease the pain.
- 3-4 drops of Lavender Essential Oils.
- 3-4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oils.
- 2 tbsp. of Coconut Oil.
- In a bowl, add 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Now add 3-4 drops of both the essential oils and give it a good mix.
- Use this oil to massage the area to relieve pain and soreness.
Are Essential Oils Safe to be Used for Broken Bones?
The simple answer is Yes. As you all know, essential oils are packed with beneficial properties that are advantageous for your body and health. As people get old, they tend to lose bone mass and, the body starts appearing loose and unhealthy. In such times essential oils to heal broken bones have your back. These oils are not only safe to be used for broken bones but are also great to ease pain and soothe the area. The essential oils for fractured bones are packed with therapeutic properties and contain 100% pure essence which ultimately helps to fix the intense bone and muscle aches.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Using Essential Oils to Heal Broken and Fractured Bones
- Essential oils are only for external use and should never be ingested.
- Store essential oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some essential oils can be fatal to pets and therefore always research before using them.
- Essential oils must ALWAYS be diluted before applying to the skin as they are highly concentrated as can cause irritation. You can dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice and the max concentration of essential oils should be 3-4%.
- Always do a patch test before applying to larger areas of skin.
- It is unclear what effects essential oils have on pregnant and breastfeeding women. While some consider them safe, many doctors advise pregnant women to avoid the use of essential oils.
- Always buy pure essential oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
- Aromatherapy History, Origin, and its Significance in 2022
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing
- 10 Best Essential Oils for Shingles Nerve Pain Relief
To wrap up on a good note, fractures can be treated easily with the help of a doctor's consultation and by using the best bone fracture healing oils. We have listed some beneficial essential oils for bone regeneration that will help you heal faster as they promote instant blood flow to the area. Above essential oils for bone health are worth trying as they won't disappoint you with their wonderful properties.
Q1. Which Essential Oils are Useful for Bone Healing?
Essential oils mentioned above are great to fix broken bones. These essential oils for bone regeneration have such composition which makes them effective to deal with fractured bones. Their therapeutic properties enable faster wound healing and help reduce swelling.
Q2. How many Times can I Use DIY Massage Oil for Fractured Bones?
You can use DIY massage oil as per instructions given to you by your doctor. We suggest using it twice a week with minimal strokes. Do not put pressure and keep it light.
Q3. Where can I Get Natural and Authentic Essential Oils?
It is very important to check the quality and authenticity of the oil before buying. You can buy organic essential oils for bone health from Moksha Lifestyle. They manufacture authentic and high-grade essential oils which are backed by certificates for assurance.