Oily skin peeps, we know your struggle. The constant battle between blackheads, oiliness, and open pores is tough to deal with. One common problem that everyone faces no matter what their skin type is open pores. Did you know that open pores attract a lot of dirt and grime to your face which leads to acne and pimples? Thankfully we have the best essential oils to shrink open pores that are helpful.
Enlarged pores of amongst the toughest skin conditions and one which is difficult to deal with. It affects both men and women, irrespective of age, skin type, or ethnicity. These pores are almost invisible to the naked eye. But, if observed carefully, you can see open pores wide and open with lots of grime, dirt, and pollution. So, today we will discuss the possible solutions for open pores. The best essential oils for clogged pores are truly beneficial in this case and reduce the appearance of large pores.
What Causes Open Pores?
We have numerous pores on our facial skin which help it breathe. However, when these pores become enlarged, they become visible to the eye. These pores are usually seen on oily or combination skin types as these skin types produce more natural oil which is also known as sebum. They attract dirt and grime and often lead to whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Impurities accumulate in these pores due to various reasons, some of which include not washing the face regularly, use of excess makeup, exposure to environmental pollution, hormonal balance, and consumption of too much fatty junk food.
Essential oils provide an excellent natural remedy to shrink open pores. They are loaded with cleansing, purifying, and detoxifying properties which help in controlling excess sebum production and balance it. They are also known to boost collagen production and increase skin elasticity and firmness as when our skin’s elastin decreases, it also leads to the appearance of open pores.
Benefits of Essential Oils for Clogged Pores
Essential oils are loaded with the goodness of plant extracts. Therefore, they have the potential to transform your skin and treat open pores. So, let's check out some amazing benefits of essential oils for the skin.
- Soothes Itchiness: To combat itchiness and irritation on the skin, there's nothing better than essential oils. These are just the best ones to soothe your skin and rejuvenate it from within. You can use essential oils for pore reduction and skin irritation and you will see visible results in a week or so.
- Reduces Acne: There's nothing more irritating than acne coming in the way of your big day. But, thanks to the best essential oils to shrink pores now acne will not surround you at any cost. Tea tree oil for pores works best to reduce acne and pimples. Almost all essential oils have anti-bacterial properties that reduce acne.
Minimizes Open Pores: The best essential oils to shrink open pores are definitely a must-have in your beauty wardrobe. Essential oils are great to shrink open pores and reduce their appearance. Open pores cannot be shut forever because then the skin won't be able to breathe. But, essential oils have the tendency to keep a check on the size of open pores and reduce it considerably.
Top 11 Essential Oils To Shrink Open Pores
Let's discuss top essential oils to shrink open pores which will not only provide a natural treatment for large pores problems but will also help deal with skin problems like acne, blackheads, etc.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil for Open Pores: Suffering from open pores and intense blackheads? Fret not as clary sage essential oil has got your back. One of the best essential oils for pores is clary sage, derived from the Latin word 'Claris'. Claris means clear and so are the properties of this oil. It balances your skin's pH level and cleanses it really well. Get rid of that greasy feeling by including clary sage essential oil for open pores in your routine.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil for Open Pores: How can we forget the OG and skin-beneficial tea tree oil? Tea Tree oil is the best oil for minimizing pores and reducing pimples. Packed with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and disinfectant properties, tea tree oil for pores works like magic. It cleanses the skin well and reduces excess sebum production. Tea tree oil for pores pulls out nasty dirt, grime, and pollution from your face making it clear and clean.
- Rosemary Essential Oil for Open Pores: Known to revive dull and dry hair, rosemary essential oil also fulfills its duty to help you achieve clear skin. One of the best essential oils for pore reduction helps to reduce whiteheads by gently cleansing the skin. It minimizes open pores and detoxifies congested skin. Do you know rosemary is also a powerful astringent which makes it apt to fight against dullness, acne, redness, and large pores?
- Sweet Basil Essential Oil for Open Pores: How can we forget sweet basil essential oil for open pores while talking about beauty essential oils? The holy basil or should we say the sweet basil has incredible antiseptic, astringent, and cleansing properties that eliminate dirt and grime from open pores. One of the best essential oils for clogged pores also promises enhanced complexion and no acne.
- Orange Essential Oil for Open Pores: The guru of beauty essential oils for open pores is Orange essential oil. It stimulates lymphatic drainage and eliminates impurities from the skin. In addition to this, the orange essential oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that tackle pigmentation, acne, and dullness caused due to open pores. The best essential oil for enlarged pores works dedicatedly to reduce the appearance and size of open pores.
- Lavender Essential Oil for Open Pores: There are times when open pores become the primary reason for skin irritation and texture. For those times, lavender essential oil comes to the rescue. The skin healing and soothing properties of this essential oil work like a charm. The antiseptic and analgesic properties of lavender essential oil soothe and nourish your skin while improving its texture. After continuous use, it reduces the size of open pores.
- Frankincense Essential Oil for Open Pores: The best oil for minimizing pores and tackling skin concerns is Frankincense oil. The spicy, woody, and sweet aroma of this oil rejuvenates your mind, boosts immunity, and reduces stress, anxiety, and tension. Even after incredible health benefits, frankincense oil never fails to show its true colors. By true colors, we mean outstanding benefits for the skin. The best essential oil for pores reduces blemishes, acne, pimples, and open pores. It is widely used in the cosmetic industry to minimize the appearance of open pores.
- Geranium Essential Oil for Open Pores: How can floral essential oil help in pore reduction? We know many of you have this thought in your mind but let us clear to you that the best essential oils for pores include floral essential oils as well. Geranium carries a subtle, sweet aroma which has various therapeutic and aromatherapy benefits. It tightens the pores, reduces redness, and tones your skin magically. It is all-natural and one of the best essential oils to shrink open pores and also controls sebum production and oiliness in your skin.
Lemon Essential Oil for Open Pores: Lemon oil helps regulate sebum production in our skin and shrinks open pores. It is known to tighten the pores and dries the skin around them which in turn helps remove blackheads without risk. The antiseptic properties of this essential oil. It is also known to promote lymphatic drainage which is one of the root causes of large pores. Therefore, if your pore size problem is due to lymphatic drainage, lemon oil will just do the trick.
- Turmeric Essential Oil for Open Pores: Ever heard of turmeric oil being used for acne and to tighten pores? Well, one of the best essential oils for reducing pores is turmeric. It has antiseptic properties that calm irritated skin and reduces the size of open pores. Not only this, the best essential oils for large pores reduce the appearance of pores and tackle blemishes like a PRO.
- Bergamot Essential Oil for Open Pores: We know that the best oil for minimizing pores is not yet discovered. But, here's bergamot essential oil for open pores. It has strong citrus yet fruity smell that eases tension and relieves stress. The beauty-holic essential oil has antioxidants that enhance the complexion and reduces open pores. After continuous usage, this essential oil minimizes open pores and averts dirt and grime to stick to your face.
- Top 7 Essential Oils to Heal Broken and Fractured Bones.
- 10 Awesome Benefits and Uses of Aloe Vera Butter.
- 7 Best Essential Oils for Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots.
DIY Recipes for Best Essential Oils To Shrink Open Pores
Recipe 1- Aloe Vera Facial Gel
This facial gel is apt for people who have pigmentation and open pores issues. The blend of the best essential oils for pore reduction will make your skin firm and toned.
- 3 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Gel
- 3-4 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- Glass Jar
- Add Aloe Vera Gel to the glass jar.
- Now add tea tree oil for pores and other effective essential oils to shrink pores.
- Now using a fork, mix the gel.
- Make sure to create a gel-type consistency after stirring.
- Now store it in a cool and dry place.
- Apply on your skin before the nighttime routine for the best results.
Recipe 2 - DIY Toning Spray
This DIY using effective essential oils for large pores works perfectly well. The blend of rose water with essential oils tones and tightens the skin.
- Rose Water
- 2 tbsp. of Aloe Vera Gel
- 2-3 drops of Geranium oil
- 1-2 drops of Lemon essential oil
- Spray Bottle
- In a spray bottle add rose water but do not fill it to the brim.
- Now add Aloe Vera Gel along with the best essential oils for clogged pores.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Your DIY toning mist is ready. Refrigerate it and use it cold for better results.
Recipe 3 - Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer
There is nothing better than using a moisturizer that has tea tree oil for pores. Tea tree oil works like a charm to reduce open pores and pulls away from all the dirt and grime.
- Regular moisturizer
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- While applying moisturizer to your clean face, follow this DIY.
- Take the moisturizer in your hand and add 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Now mix it well and apply it to your cleansed face.
Are Essential Oils for Clogged Pores Safe to Use?
Yes. They are safe to use for open pores. However, make sure to dilute essential oils with pure carrier oils for pore reduction and not concentrated ones. Pure essential oils when applied to the skin may damage the barrier and cause irritation. So, always dilute essential oils before using them on the skin.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Using Essential Oils for Large Pores
- Essential oils are for external use and should never be ingested.
- Store essential oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some essential oils can be fatal to pets and therefore always research before using them.
- Essential oils must ALWAYS be diluted before applying to the skin as they are highly concentrated as can cause irritation. You can dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice and the max concentration of essential oils should be 3-4%.
- Always do a patch test before applying to larger areas of the skin.
- It is unclear what effects essential oils have on pregnant and breastfeeding women. While some consider them safe, many doctors advise pregnant women to avoid the use of essential oils.
- Always buy pure essential oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
- Aromatherapy History, Origin, and its Significance in 2022
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Fatty Liver Health & Healing
- Top 10 Essential Oils for Shingles Nerve Pain Relief
Don’t be disheartened by your large, open pores. Taking good care of your skin is very important to prevent large, open pores. With the help of these essential oils, you will be able to shrink them in no time, and that too by all-natural means. How do you love these easy DIY remedies to tackle open pores? We know it is always a pleasure to find recipes that work and the above-mentioned ones are truly a game-changer. So, try the best essential oils for large pores and tighten your skin and improve its texture.
Q1. Will Essential Oils Shrink my Pores?
Yes. Essential oils for large pores are very effective. However, the process takes time and it all depends on your skincare and lifestyle routine. But, with continuous usage, large pores reduce effectively.
Q2. Which is The Best Essential Oil for Pore Reduction?
All the essential oils to shrink pores mentioned above are very effective. However, to choose the one you can go with tea tree oil for pores or geranium oil.