People have been using tea tree oil for centuries to help them get rid of acne, but what you may not know is that it's also effective at fading dark spots. Its anti-inflammatory properties also make it a good option for minimizing the redness and swelling that can often come with broken capillaries. Tea tree oil is a natural antioxidant and anti-infectious agent, making it a great all-around solution for managing dark spots on your face! The first thing you want to do is cleanse your face. Then, apply the tea tree oil in a thin layer on the affected area, let it dry, and then follow up with your regular skincare routine. Use of more than 3% can cause skin irritation in some people. It's also important to keep the product away from the eyes and lips to avoid contact dermatitis. Although it's natural, don't expect that it will work miracles for you overnight! The main advantage this product has over other spot treatments is that tea tree oil is one of those ingredients that make a huge difference when used consistently for at least three months.
You may also like:
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Dark Spots:
1) For Dark Spots
If you have dark spots that are caused by acne scars, eczema, or seborrheic dermatitis, applying tea tree oil will help improve the appearance of those marks so that they become less noticeable. If unsightly redness is what you're dealing with when looking in the mirror, tea tree oil can help even out your skin tone in no time. Once applied to your skin, it can be used to combat inflammation and redness as well.
2) For Pigmentation
Tea tree oil helps to fade away age spots and other hyper-pigmented areas on the skin. This treatment is a simpler way of combating signs of aging than undergoing invasive procedures and using other harsh chemicals. The best part about this method is that it won't only lighten the skin in one area; the whole complexion can be affected.
3) For Fine Lines
One of the main benefits of this oil is that it has anti-inflammatory properties that help to minimize any signs of fine lines and wrinkles. When used consistently, the results can be noticeable - you might even think that you've had a facelift!
4) For Dry Skin
The addition of tea tree oil to your skincare routine can help prevent and control acne, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, and other skin irritations. Yet another benefit is the moisturizing effect it can have on oily skin, making it less likely that you'll have breakouts or develop new ones.
5) For Sun-Damaged Skin
If you've been exposed to direct sunlight in the past months and have damaged your skin, tea tree oil can help repair it by preventing any new damage or forming a protective layer over the affected areas. This treatment is great for those with sensitive skin who use artificial or chemical sunscreens.
6) For Dark Circles
If you have dark spots around the eye area, tea tree oil can be applied every night before going to sleep and it can work wonders for reducing their appearance.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Dark Spots On The Face?
Step 1: Wash your face with facial wash and pat dry with a clean towel.
Step 2: Apply a thin layer of tea tree oil on the affected area and massage until it is absorbed.
Step 3: Follow up with your regular skincare routine.
Step 4: Repeat the process 3 to 4 times a week for best results.
This oil can bind with iron, making it possible to absorb it more effectively into the skin. Studies have shown that applying Vitamin C and zinc ointments over tea tree oil in combination resulted in faster healing of wounds compared to those who were treated with either remedy alone. The combination of these two ingredients makes a great topical treatment for scars and burns. In 2008, researchers discovered that tea tree oil is very effective in fighting infection when applied directly to cuts and burns. They also discovered that it can also be used as an antibacterial agent on hands, arms, and feet to prevent infection from occurring in those areas is highly recommended.
DIY Recipes Of Tea Tree Oil For Face Dark Spots:
Recipe 1: Oil Mix For Acne Spots
- Apply the mix to the affected areas and let it work overnight.
- Wash the next morning with cold water to close the pores.
Recipe 2: Face Pack For Dark Spots
- 1 tablespoon of honey,
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and
- 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mix to your face and let it work for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Recipe 3: Spray Toner Mix
- 1 teaspoon of rose water, and
- 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the pack on your face and let it dry completely before washing it off with cold water. Twice a week for best results.
Precautions While Using Tea Tree Oil On The Face:
1) Since it's so strong, make sure to do an allergy test before applying this product. In case of contact dermatitis, hives or swelling occur, you must immediately wash the area with cold water and consult a doctor.
2) If you're pregnant or nursing, check with your doctor before using tea tree oil on your face. Do not apply it on the breasts while you are breastfeeding a child and wash it off once you are done working on a particular area.
3) Do not use tea tree oil if you have any type of skin cancer or skin infection as this can make things worse.
4) Tea tree oil is also an effective remedy for dandruff and should be used in the same way as you would use it on the face.
5) If you have dry or sensitive skin, consider experimenting with tea tree oil before applying it to your face.
6) Keep tea tree oil out of reach of children and pets.
You may also like:
1) What is tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil contains terpenes-4-ol, 1,8 cineole, and alpha-terpineol. These active ingredients are what make it such a great remedy for acne spots and other blemishes.
2) How does it work?
Tea tree oil has antifungal properties that can prevent skin infections from forming on the skin. It also reduces inflammation so that the affected area can heal faster. By using tea tree oil in your skincare routine, you can also avoid clogged pores by clearing out any impurities in them.