A dryer ball (or laundry ball) is a round, cuddly object that is used to soften or remove static cling from clothing, reduce drying time and wrinkles, and cut down on the need for fabric softener and anti-static sprays. The dryer balls are compressed with a variety of fabrics including wool, hemp, cotton flannel, nylon mesh, or chamois. Dryer balls are often confused with wool balls which are used as pet toys. They are also sometimes confused with wool bra pads which can be used for wetting menstrual flow or postpartum bleeding while breastfeeding. Citrus-based oils like orange oil and lemon oil, as well as eucalyptus oil, will work well with dryer balls. In this blog post, we will explore the best essential oils for dryer balls and why they are perfect to use. Some great benefits of using these natural oils are that they can get rid of static cling, reduce wrinkles in clothes while saving you time on ironing, and make your clothes smell great!
You may also like:
9 Best Essential Oils For Laundry Dryer Balls:
1) Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is a great choice if you want to reduce static cling in your clothes. It is also beneficial for the respiratory system and alleviates coughs and colds.
2) Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil helps to eliminate static cling and boost the skin's natural defenses against bacteria, fungi, and viruses by increasing cellular absorption of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Alpha-tocopherol), and beta-carotene. It also works great with dryer balls to reduce wrinkles in your clothes while saving you time on ironing. It can help to prevent or alleviate psoriasis, eczema, acne, fungicide sensitivity reactions, and measles.
3) Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is great for eliminating static cling in fabrics, making the fabric soft and smooth, and it can also help reduce wrinkles in clothes. It has antiseptic properties that eliminate bacteria, fungi, and viruses, so it can reduce infections from all sorts of germs on your clothing, including anything from scabies to Lyme disease. It also has antimicrobial effects that work well against many household germs.
4) Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is beneficial for the respiratory system and helps to alleviate cold symptoms. It is also great for soothing skin eruptions, muscle aches, aches in the joints, and muscular pain. It has antifungal and antiviral properties which can help reduce infections from a variety of germs on your clothes.
5) Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil works wonders on static cling, making clothes soft and smooth. It also works well with dryer balls, so it is great to use with laundry. It can also help to reduce headaches, migraines, and fevers.
6) Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot essential oil has antiseptic properties that eliminate bacteria, fungi, and viruses. It also helps to alleviate cold symptoms, including flu-like symptoms like coughing and sore throat.
7) Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium Oil is great for eliminating static cling in fabrics, making the fabric soft and smooth. It will help with the skin and will soothe skin eruptions like acne or eczema.
8) Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is beneficial for the respiratory system and helps to alleviate cold symptoms. It is also great for soothing skin eruptions, muscle aches, aches in the joints, and muscular pain.
9) Cinnamon Essential Oil
The cinnamon essential oil works great for eliminating static cling in clothes, making them soft and smooth. It also has antiseptic properties that eliminate bacteria, fungi, and viruses, so it can reduce infections from all sorts of germs on your clothing.
Benefits Of Using Essential Oils For Dryer Balls:
1) Organic Fabric Softener: You can use organic essential oils like lavender oil to replace commercial fabric softeners. The lavender scent will be your favorite part of doing laundry because it smells so good. You can also use the oils to eliminate static electricity with no need for a dryer ball!
2) Make Clothes Smell Even Better: Not only do they make laundry soft, but they also make it smell great. You can put a few drops of orange or lemon oil on a dryer ball and then put your clothes in the dryer as usual. Or you could chop up some oranges into small pieces and add them directly onto the dryer balls instead of using an essential oil for an extra citrusy scent.
3) Get Rid Of Wrinkles: Dryer balls will reduce wrinkles in clothes and make them look smooth and nice. You can also cut up some lemon peels into small pieces and put them on the dryer balls for a lemon smell.
4) Reduce Drying Time: Dryer balls can also help with drying time by fluffing up clothes in the dryer, which means that they will dry faster since they are fluffed up.
5) Save Money: It is not very expensive just to add some essential oils to your dryer balls instead of having to buy fabric softeners or other expensive additives.
You may also like:
DIY Recipes Of Organic Essential Oils For Dryer Balls:
Recipe 1: Oil Mix For Laundry
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil,
- 3 drops of eucalyptus oil, and
- 1 drop of orange essential oil
- Mix all the oils in a 10-ounce jar or glass container and shake vigorously until they are fully combined.
- Then, spray the mix on the ball and keep it between clothes.
Recipe 2: Orange Peel Dryer Ball Mix
- 2-3 pieces of orange peels (peeled from organic oranges),
- 4 drops of orange essential oil, and
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and then put the mixture into a dryer ball to create pockets for the clothes to be dried on.
- You can also place it onto a paper towel before adding it to the dryer ball for even more drying power.
Recipe 3: Lavender Dryer Ball Recipe
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil,
- 2 teaspoons of lavender buds,
- 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid, and
- 1 tablespoon of smashed oats
- Mix the ingredients in a refillable spray bottle to create your lavender paste for a fresh and natural scent.
- You can keep it in the kitchen to use whenever your clothes need freshening up and you want them to smell great.
1) How to use essential oils for dryer balls?
You can put the oil on the dryer balls directly or use an oil spray and then put your clothes onto the dryer balls. You should store your essential oils in a dark place so they will not lose their properties. You should also keep it away from children or pets to avoid any potential accidents.
2) Why do essential oils work well with dryer balls?
Oils like lavender are good for eliminating static cling, making clothes soft and smooth, and reducing wrinkles in clothes. They also work well with dryer balls. Essential oils like lavender and orange help to eliminate static cling in fabrics, making them soft and smooth. They also work well with dryer balls, making them even more effective. You can also add essential oils to your fabric softener or add them to other detergents for extra scent power.