Holiday Season Blends that will make you fall in love with Essential Oils
Like many other people, December is our favorite month of the year, the festivity vibe in this season is unmatched. It has a strong Wintery breeze, sweetness of hot chocolate and the light of Christmas. And of course, the hope of a new and better year, makes it more exciting. This year has been hard on many of us, a world-wide virus disrupted our lives and brought forward many changes. Slowly and steadily, we are back on track, and ready for a fresh start. And we have just the right type of solution for you to get that holiday mood going. Diffusing Essential oils are a great way to create a warm and festive environment, use some of these blends to get you into a Christmassy mood and just sit back and relax.
Christmas Cookie Blend
This blend generates such a strong aroma that you almost feel like eating a cookie itself. It also promotes a healthy flow of emotions and allows mind to relax matter. This is one of our personal favorites, but beware it can increase those cookie cravings. While you can’t eat this blend, but you can surely enjoy.
- 4 drops of Vanilla Absolute oil
- 2 drops of Bitter Almond Fragrance oil
- 1 drops of Cinnamon Essential oil
- 1 drops of Sweet Orange Essential oil
The star of this blend is Vanilla Absolute, it has been renowned for mind calming and soothing properties. And it is a part of many high-end perfumes too. And if you wanna get cozy with your partner, this blend is perfect because of its Aphrodisiac, aka romantic nature.
Holiday Home Blend
If you want that holiday season essence in your living room, this might be one of the best blends to use. Have a nice cup of hot chocolate and let this blend take you to a cozy space far away.
- 4 drops of Sweet Orange Essential oil
- 2 drops of Cinnamon bark Essential oil
- 1 drop of Clove Bud Essential oil
- 1 drop Cassia Essential oil
This mix will fill your home with warmth and comfort, that instantly makes anyone feel at home. And as you’d know strong aroma is not the only power Essential oils have, mentioned above; these oils also have a great impact on mood as well. They will help mind relax better and provide better focus to nervous system, which is required to complete that Christmas shopping list.
Wiseman’s Gift Blend
This winter, let the richness and warmth of these essential oils bring comfort to you physically and emotionally.
- 3 drops of Frankincense Essential oil
- 2 drops of Myrrh Essential oil
- 1 drop of Orange Essential oil
The warm aroma of Frankincense and Myrrh combined with citrusy smell of orange is sure to bring cozy vibes on a chilly evening. This blend helps invoke hope and happiness around with its warm aroma.
Winter Wonderland Blend
Warm sweaters, large hoodies, winters are indeed the best time of the year. To get that wintery vibe inside your house, without actually going outside in chilling cold, use this blend.
- 4 drops of Peppermint Essential oil
- 3 drops of Bergamot Essential oil
- 2 drops of Cypress Essential oil
This blend has a strong wintery vibe to it, Peppermint helps in relaxing mind and treating headaches as well. Whereas Cypress and Bergamot are more tilted towards the citrusy and fresh essence. They can make your home smelling like a winter wonderland indeed.
Who doesn’t love waking to presents and wrapped goodies? It’s sad that we can’t do it every morning but you can still wake up to a nice aroma resembling that of Christmas morning.
- 4 drops of Fir Needle essential oil
- 2 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil
- 2 drops of Juniper berry essential oil
These oils are all rich in mind cleansing properties, White fir needle is even infamous for reducing negative thoughts and promoting positive energy. While Juniper is known for sedating mind and leaning it into a state of relaxation. And of course, Sweet Orange belongs to the refreshing kingdom, all these combined results in a very relaxing and chill atmosphere, which is nearly perfect for early morning
Candy Cane Blend
Halloween and Christmas are mainly dominated with sweet treats, and one of them is Candy Cane. This blend is a sweet-smelling blend with hints of floral notes. If you don’t like strong aroma like Vanilla, but still want your house smelling smooth and relaxing, this blend might come in handy.
- 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of Wintergreen essential oil
- 1 drop of Cassia Essential oil
- 1 drop of Sweet Orange Essential oil
Peppermint and Wintergreen both blossom in winter, and that’s why they have a bit more wintery essence in them as compared to others. And they both also have fresh aroma, which relaxes body and mind. Especially if you tend to get overwhelm during holiday season. And Cassia resembles the aroma of Cinnamon without the strong notes. So, use this blend to lighten you and your home and let lose in this sophisticated atmosphere.
Khal Drogo Blend
I know all my GOT fans are excited, this blend is perfect and fit for a king or a Queen. Especially men, who often get tied up in the gender knots and refuse to use the gifts of nature. It has a warm, masculine aroma and just two simple ingredients.
- 3 drops of Frankincense Essential oil
- 3 drops of Myrrh Essential oil
Frankincense and Myrrh are both old world fragrance, and have been used since a long time. They have a warm, woody and spicy fragrance, which are known for relaxing mind and soul. And in addition, it can help you achieve a spiritual elevation.
Pumpkin Pie Blend
There are only a few things better than the smell of freshly baked pumpkin pie, and one of them is Pumpkin pie essential oil blend. It can make your home smell like, you’ve just baked hundreds of pies, without the actual mess.
- 2 drops of Clove Bud Essential oil
- 2 drops of Cinnamon Essential oil
- 1 drop of Nutmeg Essential oil
With these 3 simple ingredients you can create a nice and smooth festive mood in your living room. Clove bud oil provides a certain warmth to the surroundings and has restorative properties as well. It And the other two, Cinnamon bark and Nutmeg will help cleanse the environment and improve breathing as well.
Call it a day Blend
When all is said and done, holidays can be tiring and exhausting and you need a minute to yourself. It is important to just sit down and catch your breath. This blend will help you do exactly that, with a sweet touch of self-love.
- 4 drops of Orange Essential oil
- 1 drop of Ylang-Ylang Essential oil
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential oil
Orange Oil is not only good for calming your nervous system, but it also clears your lungs and air passage. It can help you to detoxify your internals, with the help of a fruity aroma. And many of your will already know this, Ylang-Ylang and Lavender are highly calming and relaxing oil. They have sedative properties that allow your brain to overcome overwhelmed emotions and long-due exhaustion.
Bonus Blend: The Vicks Mix
This one is an additional blend for all the cough ridden babies. Runny nose and headache is normal during winters, especially with a line of events and occasions to attend, it is easy to catch a cough or a fever.
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus Essential oil
- 5 drops of Tea tree Essential oil
- 2 drops of Rosemary Essential oil
- 1 drop of Peppermint Essential oil
This blend is literally, ‘the Vicks’ mix. It has the goodness of all the antiviral oil and bacteria fighting qualities. Eucalyptus and Peppermint are both colder in essence, they help clear blockage inside the air passage and clears stuck mucus. Whereas, Rosemary and Tea tree oil are protectant in nature, which gives your body an invisible shield of protection against harsh weathers.
Tips for using these Essential oils in diffusers
These blends are all awesome to use and will give blossom each and every corner of your home. Just keep these tips in mind to enjoy them at best:
- Essential Oils are 100% concentrated and needs to be diluted before use, so when it comes to essential oils, less is more.
- Use a 100ml water tank diffuser to use the above-mentioned blends in the specified quantity. These quantities are enough to freshen a house so-big.
- Avoid diffusing essential oils around babies and pets, or consult doctors and vets before doing so.
- Choose an open area or room to use your diffuser and keep it out of reach from children.
- Even though essential oils are safe to diffuse under safety and precautions, some people can still have a bad reaction. So, always look out for signs and symptoms, and if you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, immediately stop using.
Follow these simple safety precautions, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for informational and educational purposes. I am not a medical professional and highly recommend consulting a doctor before using essential oils as part of any medical treatment.
You may also like:
Leave a comment