Argan oil is an edible oil made from the kernels of nuts of the Moroccan tree, Argania spinosa. It has both cosmetic and therapeutic properties. This oil is well known for its healing qualities and is often used as a moisturizer or treatment for psoriasis, eczema, and other skin conditions. Recently it has even been sold in hair care products to minimise frizzy hair. This article will discuss the healing properties of Argan oil and how it can be used to relieve sunburns. Argan Oil is rich in oleic acid and fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. It also has a high amount of anti-inflammatory properties, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
You may also like:
Spectral Dye-Absorption spectroscopy (SDA) was used to study the antioxidant effects of argan oil in human skin cells. Results have shown that argan oil has the potential to scavenge hydroxyl radicals and inhibit superoxide radical formation by an inhibitory effect on the enzyme NAD(P)H oxidase. The results also showed that the argan oil not only increases levels of glutathione but also decreases levels of malondialdehyde (MDA). Argan oil is also rich in Hydroxytyrosol, a phenolic acid that has been tested in many clinical studies on skin diseases. This oil can be used instead of Vaseline on sunburned skin to reduce the burning and pain of sunburns.
Benefits of using argan oil for sunburn:
1) For sun protection: Argan oil can be applied as a moisturizer after a sunburn. It is non-greasy and has no scent so it's perfect for sensitive skin.
2) For relief from skin rashes: Extra virgin argan oil mixed with coconut oil is an excellent treatment to relieve itchy rashes. Coconut oil helps retain the moisture in the skin and contains natural anti-microbial properties that help keep bacteria at bay, while argan oil nourishes the skin, heals cracks, and promotes new cell growth in wounds.
3) Helps prevent premature aging of hair: By nourishing the follicles, argan oil fights fine lines and wrinkles (especially around the forehead), which is good for both men and women. Argan oil can be used as a hair treatment. It helps cure hair loss, remove dandruff, and promote healthy hair growth.
4) For skin conditions: Argan oil can be used as a natural moisturizing agent if your skin is a bit sensitive. It can be applied to the whole body, especially facial skin for acne treatment or psoriasis.
5) For sunburn scars: Argan oil contains essential fatty acids that can be absorbed by the skin, which helps in reducing scars.
6) To treat eczema: Eczema is characterized by itchy, red, and dry skin. Argan Oil can be applied to the whole body to help heal cracks and soothe the skin. It also helps clear up scabies infections on the hands or legs.
7) For chapped lips: Argan oil is used as a base in many lip glosses and lip balms due to its moisturizing properties.
8) To remove liver spots: Argan oil has a combination of antioxidants that help to remove liver spots and improve overall skin health.
9) Heals sunburns quickly: Since argan oil is anti-inflammatory, it is excellent for reducing pain and swelling. It also contains a high concentration of vitamin E, which helps regenerate new skin cells. Applying argan oil to the sunburned skin helps decrease the burning sensation and promotes healing.
10) Improves elasticity: Argan oil has slight antioxidant properties that help you keep your youthful glow in your face for years to come. It also has hydrating properties that keep the lips healthy and moisturized.
11) To treat acne: Argan oil can be applied to the face or body to help heal breakouts, bumps, or blemishes. It is also used for people with oily skin as an all-purpose moisturizer that can be used in conjunction with any skincare product. When applied topically, argan oil eliminates toxins and reduces the formation of new bacteria. With regular use of argan oil, your skin will maintain its healthy glow and youthful appearance.
12) For sunburn itching: Argan oil can be applied to bug bites, stings, and other irritations. It provides soothing relief from itching and inflammation.
13) For dry skin: If you have dry skin, argan oil can be used as a moisturizer by mixing it with coconut oil. It dissolves quickly into the skin making it perfect for dry winter months.
14) As a base oil: Argan oil is suitable for use in cosmetics as a carrier oil for essential oils or cosmetic ingredients that require a stable composition in the form of lotion. It also acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent the damage caused by UV light rays and free radicals.
How to use argan oil lotion for soothing sunburn?
Step 1: Apply a generous amount of argan oil on the affected areas and let it sink in.
Step 2: If your sunburn is more severe and in many different areas, you can apply a thin, even layer to the whole body.
Step 3: Repeat the application two to three times a day until symptoms are relieved.
Step 4: Before going to sleep, make sure you wash off any excess argan oil with lukewarm water and dab your body dry.
You may also like:
Step 5: You can do this procedure before having a shower or bath for easier skin application. Argan Oil is also available as a hair treatment. It is usually mixed with other ingredients such as jojoba oil or henna powder.
1) Why should I use Argan Oil to treat my skin?
Argan oil is made from 100% pure Moroccan argan kernel. This natural oil has a high concentration of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin E protects the skin by fighting and neutralizing cellular damage caused by free radicals in the body. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage cells and can cause signs of aging such as wrinkles, acne, and dry skin.
2) What does Argan Oil do for your hair?
Argan oil can be used on dry or damaged hair to help moisturize and heal damaged follicles. It can be mixed with other ingredients such as henna powder or jojoba oil, for a natural hair mask.
Argan oil should be used as a hair rinse when you have just washed your hair.
Step 1: Mix one tablespoon of argan oil with two cups of hot water (about 100-120 Celsius/212F). You can add any essential oil of your choice to this mixture.
Step 2: Apply the mixture to your dampened hair and massage it well with your hands, focusing on the ends of the hair.
Step 3: Rinse your hair with water and then condition your hair.