Sweet orange essential oil is one of the monoterpenes, a class of scents that are characterized by their distinctive sharp, sweet aroma. The distinct scent of this oil makes it perfect for perfumes and cleaning products like air fresheners. Added to an aromatic diffuser or inhaled directly from the bottle, sweet oranges can also help you calm down after a stressful day. The distinct aroma of sweet orange essential oil has been described as a "fresh, rich, berry-like smell", with "citrusy and slightly floral notes".
You may also like:
This oil also contains other notes like jasmine, fruit, and citrus. The fruitier and more floral scents will be most prominent in the oil when in the bottle, but once you use the oil it will wash away all other smells. The sweet orange essential oil has a multitude of benefits for your health, including being an anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antibacterial, and antifungal. Because sweet orange essential oil has a high limonene content (an ester that gives it the characteristic sharp scent), this essential oil is also very stable. Like other citrus oils, it is a natural deodorizer and can help keep the air clean with its antibacterial properties.
10+ Common Uses For Sweet Orange Essential Oil:
1) Scented Candles
The sweet orange essential oil can be used to make scented candles. To do this, mix equal parts of sweet orange and cinnamon essential oils with a wax or gel (more wax = less scent). Once the mixture is well prepared, add it to a container (like this) and pour it into candles. For added scent, you can layer the concoction with other scents. For a subtle aroma, you can buy scented tea lights and add a few drops of sweet orange as an additive before pouring the wax into the container.
2) Room Freshener
You can make your room freshener by mixing 1/4 cup baking soda with 20 drops of oils like sweet orange essential oil in an empty spray bottle. Each time you want to freshen up the room, you can spray it with this concoction. This recipe also doubles as a carpet freshener. You can sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and then add a few drops of sweet orange essential oil. Leave the mixture there for an hour and vacuum later.
Sweet orange essential oil can be used in soaps and cleansers of all kinds. Some recipes call for mixing it with other oils like peppermint or tea tree oil to enhance its smell or add additional benefits. Simply add 10 drops of sweet orange essential oil to your soap base. It will make a nice scent, too!
4) Wax Heater
Mix ten drops of sweet orange essential oil and 20 drops of patchouli essential oil in an empty candle warmer. Add your favorite fragrance and pour over the melted wax mixture in the warmer.
5) Air Freshener
For an easy air freshener (or just for fragrance), you can use five drops of sweet orange essential oil to one tablespoon of lavender or tea tree essential oils. You can also try this recipe with cinnamon and lemon oils instead. Just mix equal parts of each. You can then use the blend in an oil diffuser, or you can use the essential oils individually for a more customized smell.
Put ten to fifteen drops of sweet orange essential oil in your oil diffuser and fill it up with water. Let the aroma fill your home for a relaxing experience!
7) Natural Deodorant
To make your natural deodorant, you can mix equal parts tea tree and sweet orange essential oils. Next, put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a jar and add the oil mixture. Mix well until all baking soda has dissolved completely. Add more baking soda if you need it, but remember that too much baking soda may irritate the skin.
8) Hand Cleaner
For a quick and easy hand cleaner, mix 10 drops of sweet orange essential oil with 2 tablespoons of unscented Dawn dish soap. To use this mixture, wet your hands and rub them together for a few seconds. Rinse your hands with clean water and then pat dry.
9) Bug Repellent
In addition to an effective natural deodorant, you can also use sweet orange essential oil as a bug repellent. To do this, just add the essential oil to any other spray bottle you have lying around. Then add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the bottle and fill it up with water. Shake well and use!
10) Essential Oil Diffuser
For an easy way to use essential oils, let your diffuser do all the work for you. Just add a few drops of essential oil to the water in your diffuser. The more essential oils added, the stronger the aroma will be.
Benefits Of Using Sweet Orange Essential Oil:
1) Antimicrobial: Sweet orange essential oil has strong antibacterial properties that make it perfect for use as a medical aid. The oils in this oil are so strong that they can kill the bacteria causing urinary tract infections (UTIs). Some studies have shown that your immune system will become stronger after regularly using sweet orange essential oil.
2) Anti-Inflammatory: According to research, sweet orange essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties when it comes to relieving muscle aches and pains. You can also use this oil to relieve headaches and headaches, as well as insect stings.
3) Antidepressant: Sweet orange essential oil contains limonene, which is also found in grapefruit and lemons. Because of this, it has been proven to help relieve depression and anxiety.
4) Antibacterial: Sweet orange essential oil has strong antibacterial properties that make it useful for the treatment of skin inflammation, cuts, and wounds. It will also have a great impact on infections like bronchitis and pneumonia.
5) Antifungal: Studies show that sweet orange essential oil can be used as an effective natural antifungal for wounds caused by fungus or yeast infections.
6) Antiseptic: Sweet orange essential oil is an effective antiseptic that can kill harmful bacteria like the kind found in UTIs. It can also help fight infections like acne and chicken pox.
You may also like:
7) Sedative: The aroma of sweet orange essential oil has a sedative effect that can be used for insomnia, nausea, stress, and anxiety. It also helps with headaches, abdominal pains, indigestion, and menstrual pain.
8) Muscle Relaxant: The aroma of sweet orange essential oil has a muscle-relaxing effect that is useful in reducing spasms and other muscle pains or aches from various conditions such as injury or even spasms during childbirth.
1) How long does sweet orange essential oil last?
Sweet orange essential oil can be stored for up to two years if it is placed in a cool, dark place. However, this will depend on the quality of the product you buy.
2) How do I use sweet orange essential oil?
You can put one or two drops of sweet orange essential oil on your hand and inhale its fragrance. You can also apply it under your nose, on your wrists, and behind your ears. If you want to blend it with other oils, like lavender or clary sage, simply mix equal parts of each in a spray bottle before filling up the rest with water.